OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 27, 2017 12:04 pm  #1

Has anyone called the support line

If you don't mind me asking, has anyone called one of the support lines? I've never had to call anyone at anytime in my life, except for now. How was your experience? I don't want to sound like a fool either. 

“And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain, when you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.” ~ Haruki Murakami ~

December 27, 2017 1:33 pm  #2

Re: Has anyone called the support line

I used the SSN email address way back when. They emailed back, I think it was within a day which is  about what I expect of email. I also got an email from a local SSN associated support group facilitator in the same time frame, might even had been before the SSN reply.

My advice - if you need it - use it! I don't think you need to worry about how you sound. SSN people understand this situation.

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

December 27, 2017 4:07 pm  #3

I also used the SSN email, and was contacted, and given the contact number of a person in my city whom I could call (there were no groups in my area).  That person and I spoke on the phone, and although his situation was very different than mine, just the fact that I was able to break my silence and talk with another person was a breakthrough for me.  I had been very hesitant about calling, but was so glad I did.  

December 27, 2017 7:27 pm  #4

Yes I had sent email and my local ssn group contacted me.   

Tell them your story..,nothing to fear or be ashamed of.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

Board footera