OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 27, 2017 7:40 am  #1

Having a hard time

So the holidays are almost over, thankfully. We spent Christmas Eve at his parents. As I sat there enjoying our time together I couldn't help but think this may be our last time together and it made me incredibly sad. 
I feel like my soul has left my body, I will never be the same, sweet person I once was. I don't know how to move forward. I am just so scared right now. Between our business faltering, my new side business not taking off like I would like it to and his mom going in for major surgery tomorrow, I'm not handling things well at all. No sleep, constant anxiety and stress. 
This is not fun!

“And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain, when you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.” ~ Haruki Murakami ~

December 27, 2017 9:52 am  #2

Re: Having a hard time

Roo,

I can't imagine havimg all those things going on at once..the holidays dont help other than to bring to light what is important- family, giving etc - things he has tainted now.  You should commend yourself for making the holiday good for his mom and the kids despite the anxiety and sadness it gave you.  You did what was right and moral.

The only words of comfort I,can offer is these troubles are a season, of unknown length, but a season.  They cannot last forever..  You cant see the end now and you fear certain ends but their is an end.   And while the end is not what we envisioned the real end is not as scary as we imagined.

Steady on..we walk forward and do what is right and moral.   That may mean helping his mom (I miss my in-laws) despite what he has done...for now.    Stay true to who you are and remain a consistent, stoic rock for your kids.   Your businesses may be do poorly..for now.  Do whatever you need to do to move forward...and know it is not forever. 

A kind e-hug.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

December 27, 2017 10:45 am  #3

Re: Having a hard time

No kids involved (none of our own anyway, just nieces and nephews).  I guess that is the one good thing out of all of this.

“And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain, when you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.” ~ Haruki Murakami ~

Board footera