OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 20, 2017 9:46 pm  #1

Is this a normal feeling

I hate this subject but is it normal to pray for death? Not that I want to, but this pain is getting almost unbearable. I can't stop thinking about how unfair all of this is. 

“And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain, when you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.” ~ Haruki Murakami ~

December 20, 2017 9:48 pm  #2

Re: Is this a normal feeling

I hope you aren't hitting that low!  There are emergency crisis lines out there.  Call a good family member or friend.

December 20, 2017 9:50 pm  #3

Honestly.  If things are that bad you can call me.  In bc canada. 7 weeks post d-day.  Surviving day by day here.

December 20, 2017 10:34 pm  #4

It's not something that I would do. I'm just so afraid of my future. 

“And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain, when you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.” ~ Haruki Murakami ~

December 21, 2017 3:41 am  #5

Roo,
First definitely call your local suicide help line if you're feeling really down.   I called when my GX was out cheating and I was shaking uncontrollably with the trauma of it.   The person was kind and empathic which is sometimes all we need.

Yes it is normal.   My situation got so bad that I feared my GX more than death.  I longed for a better place.  And our love for our spouses sadly  is strong even if they are hurting us.

But these gay disloyal spouses are not worth leaving this world just yet.  In my case I have kids which get my strong real love now.  And I can see now that even without kids I/we deserve so much better.

Hang in there..there is an end to the pain..you do not need to leave this world to relieve the pain.   And these spouses are so not worth it.

A kind big e-hug. (Virtual but authentic)

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

Board footera