OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 24, 2017 12:13 pm  #1

Gay bi or straight

Has anybody read the book called is my husband gay straight or bisexual ?? My GID husband sent it to me and said please read it , it will show you that I'm not gay or even bi . I did read it and it's a load of absolute rubbish. The guy who wrote the book says just because your husband has sex with men doesn't mean he is gay or bi . Just makes excuses for married men to be having sex with other men. It actually really annoyed me reading it and it made my husband feel like ahhh I'm not gay or bi because this guy says all this. I think the book is damaging and a load of crap. My husband said , I wish I would have read the book a long time ago because I've woke up this morning like a new person and I'm not gay or bi and now I understand myself

November 25, 2017 11:18 am  #2

Re: Gay bi or straight

What a load of crap..  If you have sex with the same gender you are gay.  If you have sex with both genders you are bi.   I don't believe there is anything more to say about it. 

The free-flow of "information" in our world today has made it possible for anyone to claim they are whatever they want to me.  Anything you want to call your self or label yourself is possible with a simple google search.  Some idiot will have written an article or book pretending to be an expert.. Somehow people think that just because it's published that makes it valid and useful.  It's all garbage. 

My ex believed homosexuality was wrong from a religious standpoint when we got married.  At the end of our marriage she had completely changed her religious beliefs (homosexuality and many other areas) because she spent countless hours seeking authors who wrote what she wanted to hear.  She came up with a set of religious beliefs that fit her desires for her behavior.  She even said she met with a Pastor who said her affair was acceptable.  

Let's all be brave enough to call BS when we hear BS.

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

November 25, 2017 12:23 pm  #3

Deleted.

Last edited by Lynne (October 3, 2020 6:25 pm)

November 25, 2017 1:46 pm  #4

Yes It's all a bunch of BS. Ask him these questions:
1. If the case is 'just for sex without emotion' then why not with people of the opposite sex and not form any emotional ties? Love and leave em so to speak. 2. If it's just to relive abuse; offer to beat the shit out of him as he wacks off and say, 'ok honey how many times a week would like to relive that abuse and do you want me to add some verbal'? 3. Ask him if it's just sexual addiction then why aren't getting any of the benifits of nonstop sex? And finally, 4. Ask him if he's ok with you having random sex with people on a regular basis, male or female and make the same F"d up excuses as the book gives. 5. Could he take it like a man or would he kick your cheating whoreing ass to the curb? 
Just a thought.

Life is like phases of the moon.... We really only see it when it's beautiful, full and in our face. 

November 25, 2017 2:09 pm  #5

there's this saying bi now gay later.  People who have sex with both men and women when they are young usually end up only being able to perform with the same sex.  In other words they were gay all along.

and then you read the stories here of the cross dressers and trannies - I want to have a wife and family turns into ooh I want to have lesbian sex with my wife turns into I wish I was a girl I am attracted to male genitalia.

In my view part of the problem is they don't want to look at their own parents.

At the moment there is a huge wave of BS coming our way.  At this rate it won't be long til we begin to believe only being attracted to one sex is aberrant!  gay or straight, like we have one nose, we are attracted to one sex.  Even for the hermaphrodites it is the same. 

I view people who relate to the term bisexual as being an accurate description of their sexuality as being a closet-friendly type of gay.

November 25, 2017 8:56 pm  #6

One of the things my ex GID said( one of his pathetic excuses)  is I think I'm a sex addict , I said your not a sex addict if you were a sex addict you'd be wanting sex all the time with me  aswell and you never want sex and one of his other excuses was ( it was just easy sex) I said well why not go to females for your sexual  massages and there's lots of female prostitutes out there , what a load of crap some of his excuses , must think I was born yesterday . Oh yes that book is an absolute load of crap, it would just make the men reading it think yeh I'm not gay or even bi and it's ok to do what I'm doing and make excuses for themselves, my husband thought he'd been reborn after reading it , I could tell by his voice on the phone , he said I'm not gay or even bi read the book it will tell you , I said I have read it and it's a load of crap , if your having sex with men you are at the very least bisexual and he's like oh so you know better than a psychologist , honestly if you havnt read it dont bother it will make your blood boil it's the biggest load of cods wollop I've ever read

November 26, 2017 6:06 am  #7

yeah really - I'm not planning on reading it.  I don't need to.  My ex GIDH is a fountain of the stuff. 

November 26, 2017 2:38 pm  #8

I believe that bisexuality exists.  It is also sometimes an excuse made by  gays who do not want to come out of the closet all the way.  Bisexuality itself is not the issue.  Lying and cheating is the issue.  If a person makes the decision to step outside their marriage regardless of their sexual orientation they have poor character.
If during the course of your marriage you suddenly decide you are less than straight the correct thing to do is discuss this with a therapist and your spouse.
The cowardly thing to do is to cheat so you can “explore your feelings”.  This exposes your spouse to diseases.  This is selfish and pathological.  There is no excuse for this.
This is not a bisexual issue it’s an asshole issue.

November 26, 2017 2:57 pm  #9

majenco wrote:

This is not a bisexual issue it’s an asshole issue.

I agree totally with this.

KIA KAHA                       

November 26, 2017 3:00 pm  #10

And me

Board footera