OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 11, 2017 11:38 am  #1

Anxious

Thursday marked one week of no contact. I passed my real estate exam which has helped with feeling happier. Overall my mental state seems to be doing ok, but i have that anxious lump in my throat which is such an uncomfortable feeling. It’s that feeling of fight or flight. I take meds for anxiety, but i don’t know if subconsciously I’m still processing it all. I hope you all have a great weekend. Wanted to thank you again for all the support this week! Much love!

November 11, 2017 12:27 pm  #2

Re: Anxious

I think this is normal RW, I've never really had anxiety before I got with my ex, I had some throughout our relationship because as Lily talked about on another thread he was subconsciously triggering me (because I'd been through this before) but as didn't know why then.

Since I found everything out I have been really anxious like I couldn't switch off my adrenaline and my breathing was shallow and I was easily startled. Only now is that subsiding so I think it takes a while which is why I think you have to be very determined to actively relax, so you can bring the shock/adrenaline down a notch bit by bit. Mine only came down properly since NC. Since then I'm feeling the benefit of gaining peace of mind because he can't pop up and blindside or confuse me again so I can breathe and relax.

Please try and do kind things for yourself, healthy things, long walks, hot baths, buy yourself flowers, read books, exercise.

It's so hard, keep going.

Board footera