OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 6, 2017 10:03 pm  #1

Have your partners seen this forum?

How many of you SS's have made your wife, husband, partners sit down and read the SSN Forum?

And what was their reaction?

KIA KAHA                       

August 7, 2017 5:25 am  #2

Re: Have your partners seen this forum?

I did not discover the forum - at its previous site - until my husband came out and was in the process of leaving. I have never told him about it or tried to get him to view it: this was my safe place and I post to it now to help others who are struggling to find clarity going forward.

Try Gardening. It'll keep you grounded.

August 7, 2017 6:28 am  #3

Show them a support site for us...for what purpose?
I can assure you for every hurt or grievance here my ex has a contrary point of view..  ie she is really the victim and we are all horrible people.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

August 7, 2017 7:06 am  #4

Agree with Abby and Rob, never. It was my safe place.

August 7, 2017 7:07 am  #5

Deleted

Last edited by Duped (November 11, 2019 3:24 pm)

August 7, 2017 7:20 am  #6

Furthermore, if they had an ounce of courage or compassion, we wouldn't be here in the first place.

August 7, 2017 8:50 am  #7

Our partner's are selfish..   period. 

While a kind and compassionate person might change their behavior after having their eyes open to the pain they are causing..  our spouses are not those people.  

Showing them this forum would not help a thing..  It would only remove the safety and anonymity we have here. 

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

August 7, 2017 10:39 am  #8

well, Ellexoh - there you go, you've just served us up to your husband.  I think you must want to stay married real bad.  Only you're hurting real bad and you know what a lot of people do who stay married?  they take anti-depressants to cope.  I don't recommend it but if you want to stay in your marriage then taking drugs will help.

August 7, 2017 1:45 pm  #9

To qualify the title of this thread. It is simply a question I ask.
While my partner knows of this site....I haven't shown it to him 
nor has he asked to read it

KIA KAHA                       

August 7, 2017 2:45 pm  #10

I have a feeling most of our spouses wouldn't read this forum. If they did, the very closeted would counter with either - that's not me, I'm not gay, I didn't do that or try to convince us that the rest of us "evil" people here are just trying to wreck someone else''s marriage because our own failed, not true of course. We have had a few non-straight spouses here over the years but, if I recall correctly, it was post-disclosure and after they did a lot of processing and coming to terms with their actions. Their contributions have been helpful as they are able to use their own experience to bring some clarity to the actions that some of our spouses do.

As a general reminder to everyone here, don't forget that this is a public board and anyone can read it without registering. It is also linked from the main SSN website. Never post anything too identifiable about yourself unless you're OK with that info being out there. Peace!

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

Board footera