Straight Spouse Network Open Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

Thu Jul 6 6:27 pm  #11

Re: Where in the world.....are you?

I'm in central Illinois, too.  And right now I'm at the seaside (the Atlantic)...for a month.  

Thu Jul 6 11:33 pm  #12

The seaside? Never! Unless you count huge Lake Michigan as seaside (which I do not).  Even that I am only in the water once a year, if I'm lucky. Maybe a boat ride once, too. We have the most flat, boring landscape in the entire country.  But lots to do, places to go, people to see, experiences to soak up.  We live for the summer.  Winters can be brutal.

Kel

You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep other people warm.

Fri Jul 7 5:17 am  #13

Ohio here

Fri Jul 7 12:52 pm  #14

OutofHisCloset wrote:

I'm in central Illinois, too.  And right now I'm at the seaside (the Atlantic)...for a month.  

I always think "cold....brrr" when I hear the word Atlantic. But it's summer there atm yes?
so being by the sea for a month must be quite a nice holiday...!

*....*

Fri Jul 7 12:56 pm  #15

Bec wrote:

Ohio here

[img]http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.png[/img] Ah hah....another landlocked Spouse. It probably doesn't seem strange to you but
there's nowhere in NZ is that far from the sea..

*....*

Fri Jul 7 5:27 pm  #16

Ellexoh,
   Yes, the Atlantic is cold, at least where I am.  But I like it; it's why I'm here. I hate the heat--unlike Kel I definitely do not live for Illinois summers!--and a summer day of 18 or 19 (C) feels like heaven to me.  
   Funny you should say that about NZ: once in England, I met a guy on the beach who asked how far I lived from the ocean.  At the time I was living in Colorado, and said, oh, somewhere around 1,000 miles, and he couldn't believe it--I mean, England isn't even that wide!  But I was born on an island, and lived for a time in California near the ocean, so I do get it about never being that far from the sea.  I'm reveling in my time at the ocean now; restorative and healing after a very stressful two years since my husband's disclosure.

Sat Jul 8 8:32 am  #17

Im on the east coast of the US, and about 2 hours from the sea

Sat Jul 8 10:38 am  #18

Suburbs of Washington D.C.

Sat Jul 8 11:08 am  #19

East coast of the U.S.  (close enough to some you)

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

Sat Jul 8 3:51 pm  #20

USA - within minutes of salt water or a "lake breeze"!

Last edited by Lake Breeze (Sun Jul 9 12:26 am)

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive!" - Sir Walter Scott

Board footera