OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 2, 2017 7:26 pm  #1

How to meet my partners needs?

Hello I am new to this forum but I would like some advice.
I have been searching far and wide and I just cannot seem to find any free easy to access information on how to meet my partners needs.
Since you people probably have more experience then I do then I need your advice!
How do I meet my spouse's emotional, psychological, physical, and sexual needs?
It was heartbreaking to find out that my spouse is not who he claimed to be but I have accepted it and moved on and I am ready to heal and become a stronger person for him.
However if we are to make our relationship work then I need background knowledge on how to see things from his perspective as I am not accustomed to the idea of being with a man whom is attracted to men.
Does anybody have any personal experiences/advice that they may share with me?
I have done some research and I have found out that in mixed orientation relationships they tend to meet each others emotional and psychological needs through a platonic relationship/marriage.
For example the LGBT spouse may not be capable of falling in love with you romantically but they are capable of developing a strong emotional connection with you that is stronger than normal platonic relationships and that can encompass marrying each other, having children, and so on and so forth.
Can anybody confirm this?  Please share your thoughts and experiences.
Also most of all what I am worried about is how I am going to meet their physical and sexual needs.
I have heard of couples that have open marriages where they have the freedom to be with whomever they want sexually/physically so they can meet the rest of their needs.
However I want to see if there are any other options. 
If there is any way to meet his needs without having an open marriage then all the better for us! 
If push comes to shove I will readily accept our fate but I would like to explore all of our options first.
Any and all experiences and advice would be appreciated! Thank you so much! 

July 2, 2017 8:09 pm  #2

Re: How to meet my partners needs?

advicedreams wrote:

How do I meet my spouse's emotional, psychological, physical, and sexual needs?

There are a few people here who have explored this so stay tuned. In the meantime I would ask this same question of your spouse. My gut feeling is that it can only work if both parties are absolutely 100% unconditionally committed. Best of luck to you!

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

Board footera