OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 27, 2017 9:21 pm  #1

Foolme

Deleted

Last edited by jkpeace (April 14, 2017 9:11 am)

February 27, 2017 10:19 pm  #2

Re: Foolme

Foolme,

Your story is like many here.  A path of destruction from these spouses that we must navigate.

Have courage and hope...our fierce love still has value..  Our kids no matter what their age will need us.. we still have that purpose on this earth.  I thank God that my dad is still around and was there for me through this.

A warm ehug.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

February 28, 2017 6:12 am  #3

Foolme,

I just read your story, welcome to the club that none of us ever envisioned, but here we are. I am stunned at parts and phrases, I could have written much of it myself, right down to comments your kids have said , as well as your Styx. Jk is right, what a brave young man, and how awful for him. My daughter found out in a similar way, but she was much younger and had no idea what she was looking at, and kept that secret, along with several more, until after he left and she finally felt safe and told me. Our kids suffer greatly from their pathetic attempts to live their double life and keep their secret. You will get through this, and because your kids are older will have the best gift of all, no contact, that's when I truly got off the hamster wheel and started healing.

March 7, 2017 8:11 am  #4

Hi all

I'm so sorry, I'm only seeing this thread NOW....how did I miss it before?? I guess I'm not too familiar with the set up of this forum just yet. Thank you jkpeace for starting it and thank you to Rob and Dee for chiming in too. I'm blown away on one level how similar so many stories are, we really could write so much of each other's stories and initially I guess we each thought we were somehow unique!

jkpeace -  thank you for your amazing words, yes I am strong, smart and am rising from the ashes. I was just talking with a friend on Sunday and she was saying only for my inner strength I'd be in a much worse position now, she has often asked me how haven't I knifed him at some point. She's appalled at his behaviour, it's the stance he's taken since he was outed that appalls the most, if he displayed some humility and acceptance for what he's done it'd be kinda easier to accept (I think).

Thanks again for starting this thread and we'll keep being there until we're new butterflies flying in our own Summer, however long that'll take and hopefully our children will all come around and be strong and caring individuals.

I just read a news report this am on Princess Diana's former butler Paul Burrells, he divorced his wife last year and is marrying his boyfriend shortly! Is it just me being more in tune and aware of it or are there more and more married men coming out now?!! Take care people!

Sometimes we are just the collateral damage in someone else's war against themselves

March 24, 2017 3:52 am  #5

Hi all, I feel now I've missed out by not posting on this thread for  me - to be honest when I get the time to log on I'm busy trying to catch up on other threads I kinda forget about myself (I'm blown away by the amazing support on here and love to try and keep on top of the latest posts - especially in Sean's thread).

I still have good and bad days (17 months post TGT), still find I'm waking at 4am-ish a lot of nights and sleep doesn't seem to come back easy when that happens - I had a great night's sleep last night which I'm grateful for, they're few and far between.

I'm waiting patiently for my divorce date, should hear any day now I'm told, but I've been hearing that for months now.

Next week marks what would have been my 30th wedding anniversary - my feelings on that are boy am I glad I'm in the light now and not still blindly fumbling around in his lies and deceit - I genuinely say to people when they express how horrendous this situation is, it could be worse, I could still be in the situation of being made a fool of.

I'm meeting up with my ex sister in law tomorrow - she's flying in today and meeting my son tonight (this is the first time any of that side of the family have reached out to meet him alone since he was subjected to outing his father - this I am greatly angered about, I get I'm not blood but for God's sake my three children are blood to them and it's taken 17 months - no phone calls, nothing. My son has seen his grandmother three times since TGT and all she's managed to say to him is he did his father a favour, NOTHING about what his father did to him, no questions about how he is, nothing, NADA and she's all about family and says she's "honest about my children") Sorry rant over. My son is very pragmatic about that side of the family - he says he sees them as distant people who happen to be related to him and have no significance in his life - that's very sad though as I always embraced them as family. We'll see how this evening goes for him and tomorrow for me.

Sometimes we are just the collateral damage in someone else's war against themselves

March 24, 2017 9:33 am  #6

Please forgive me for not posting earlier, I have been on a serious roller coaster ride for the last 8 months. I just read your story and I have to say you have handled the situation very well. I too, am dealing with the issue of grown children, but this thread is for you. I wanted to tell you that you have spent 30 years raising your children with love, no matter what, love will win. Even your daughter who has "sided" with him knows that no matter what you will not abandon her. I hope I am wrong, but in time, he will. You have done the most amazing thing, you have raised three children who KNOW without question that they are loved.

Last edited by JJ1966 (March 24, 2017 9:33 am)

Go not quietly into that great, good night......Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

March 24, 2017 3:11 pm  #7

JKpeace you're right, distant works best for him for now - he's very grounded but has his own inner struggles with all that's happened - it'll be interesting to see how my ex sis in law relates to him!

JJ1966 - haven't we all been on that roller coaster ride LOL - and I thought I'd given up on roller coasters a long time ago!  I can see where you're coming from that in time he may abandon my daughter, you're not the first to suggest that to me. Yes they know for sure I'll always be there for them, even though we're in far flung places. From time to time it really feels like I've raised my family, I've done the dutiful mother/wife thing and I'm the only one left here in the ashes. How are your children coping with TGT?

Isn't hindsight remarkable!! I can see some things so clearly now that I know the truth, how I'd have handled things so differently had I been respected enough to be told the truth!

Board footera