OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 22, 2017 2:00 pm  #1

Heterosexual Plus Bi-Sexual Success

I am new here and hoping to connect with other people who have had success in mixed-orientation relationships. Posted this on the wrong topic before so I'm putting it here instead.

I am a heterosexual woman who has been involved with a bi-sexual man for about two months. He told me early about his orientation, gradually leading up to full disclosure after a few conversations where he was making sure I wouldn't reject him as has happened to him in the past.

We have had a lot of very open and productive discussions about what we both need and what our boundaries and expectations are and I feel like we're doing things the right way because we're both very much looking forward to exploring what will be a new kind of relationship for both of us.

To save time and effort, I'm not posting our whole story here. I'm just reaching out to see if there's anyone out there who is happily making their mixed relationship work.

Last edited by stroppygal (February 22, 2017 2:03 pm)

February 22, 2017 3:05 pm  #2

Re: Heterosexual Plus Bi-Sexual Success

Thanks, JenS! I really am looking for a forum for discussion because this is an unfamiliar situation for me but I haven't been able to find any place with an active community exchanging advice. I found this one because there was a "Success Stories" topic to I though it might be the right place.

He and I are just getting started so I don't know if it IS going to be a success. It's all still theoretical at this point so I am trying to find a place to talk with people who are making a go of their relationships.

February 22, 2017 3:10 pm  #3

I got one thing to say to you, stroppy gal - don't forget that you are entitled to change your mind.  If you are not happy some time down the track, remember it's okay to leave.

all the best, Lily

February 22, 2017 3:16 pm  #4

lily wrote:

I got one thing to say to you, stroppy gal - don't forget that you are entitled to change your mind.  If you are not happy some time down the track, remember it's okay to leave.

all the best, Lily

Thank you, Lily! Of course, that's always an option in any relationship, and he is free to do the same if he's not happy.

Board footera