OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 6, 2017 11:15 pm  #1

Phone Apps while going through TGT..

I tend to rant here..  I need to work on that..people here are too kind.  Getting there.
I should probably post more strategies and ideas..aka..  "How to survive 2 years in hell divorcing a gay narcissist".

What are some phone apps or even websites  that helped you ?   

Here's some that helped/help me while going through this:

FlipBoard  Just the right amount and pace of information.. its more constructive for self improvement than playing silly games on your phone .   Good to read when getting the silent treatment.  ie.. I just learned 3 breathing techniques and how to save money while you were sexting your gay lover..

YouTube app... videos are the next big one..both speakers and music.;
    Tom's channel  Narcissism Survivor
    Meredith Miller's Inner Integration
    Joel Osteen talks (who told you that you're no good? , the valley is not your home  etc)
    Kari Jobe, HillSong United music(ok may not your kind of music but comforting to see authentic people of faith. )

Twilight  Screen color app so the blue screen doesn't keep you up at night .

Calm    Calm ocean sounds or rain forest  etc to help anxiety and get to sleep

letmereach.com  real support on the abuse we suffer.

Last edited by Rob (February 9, 2017 12:24 am)

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

March 20, 2017 6:31 am  #2

Re: Phone Apps while going through TGT..

Website that gives semi-daily positive emails:

Marc and Angel Hack Life;    http://www.marcangel.com

See today's article;
http://www.marcandangel.com/2017/03/19/3-signs-you-will-be-fine-even-if-you-dont-feel-fine-right-now/

"Small steps, little leaps, and tiny fixes (very small repetitive changes) every day will get you there, every time, through thick and thin..."

and also... if that didn't eerily pertain to getting through and over TGT  it goes on just to ask;

"But do we attempt to practice the same level of love and care with ourselves?Oftentimes the answer is NO.  Think about it…

• How often to you criticize your physical appearance?
  • How often to you tell yourself you aren’t good enough?
  • How often do you unfairly compare yourself to others?
  • How often to guilt yourself into doing things?
  • How often do you put your own needs last?
  • How often do you berate yourself for making mistakes?   ....."

March 20, 2017 10:26 am  #3

here's one I bet we all need to work on that will help.

Every time you think of something bad, that happened in the past, STOP in the middle and say to yourself, "there's nothing I can do to change that, I can only do my best NOW. I'm not perfect, I am going to make mistakes, I just have to do my best".

Go not quietly into that great, good night......Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

March 20, 2017 5:01 pm  #4

Great idea Rob, I don't have much to add unfortunately.

I've downloaded journaling apps with great intentions - no entries yet though! Maybe some day soon.

Thankful & Gratitude365

Sometimes we are just the collateral damage in someone else's war against themselves

March 20, 2017 9:34 pm  #5

One of my favorites:  I cannot change the past but I can make a brand new ending!

Spring always follows winter....guaranteed!

March 29, 2017 5:18 am  #6

toughtcatalog.com   

Honest articles, most from a female perspective, reflecting relationship thoughts of normal moral people.  Some perspective is after a girlfriend/boyfriend breakup and not the decades of marriage and kids many of us have before getting discarded but similiar nonetheless.

Today's for example reflects a little bit about why I'm still on this forum;

http://thoughtcatalog.com/nikita-gill/2017/03/abuse-is-a-genderless-ageless-term/

Last edited by Rob (March 29, 2017 5:45 am)

March 29, 2017 10:55 am  #7

Good ideas, Rob!  Re the calm and relaxing stuff, I have really found anything by Johnnie Lawson on Youtube very helpful for anxiety, stress reduction, sleep, etc.  Rivers, streams, waterfalls, forests, meadows; with and without bird sounds per personal choice:

https://www.youtube.com/user/johnnielawson

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive!" - Sir Walter Scott

April 7, 2017 6:07 pm  #8

Yeah Rob, fantastic idea. I too have a tip and hope it helps others. For those who have Pandora, listen to their soundscape radio. I listen to this when I'm studying. It's really helped me relax and settle for study sessions for my college class work, it really helped. Try it, and no I don't do the ad free thing. LOL. I grew up listening to the radio with ads. Doesn't bother me!

Board footera