OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 22, 2017 9:30 pm  #1

Not sure if anyone is ready..but thought I would share

This is a free webinar next weekend with some amazing speakers.  
http://www.consciousuncoupling.com/summit/?inf_contact_key=4316877ff0d2d7788356691fcd5eec33730893a517cc197debc07abef7155e6e

A lot of people here on the boards talk about the end of their life as they knew it, and this seems to be focused on the end of relationships, the grief that comes along with it, forgiveness, and letting go.  

Looks like there will be speakers all weekend, and it's free.  If you can't listen in to all, they send recordings at the end. 

Why not? 

“Above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely of places.”

January 24, 2017 9:32 pm  #2

Re: Not sure if anyone is ready..but thought I would share

I'll see if I can listen to some of it.  Thanks.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

January 25, 2017 5:57 pm  #3

I remember someone giving me Illuminata, by Marianne Williamson, and it had a beautiful prayer of divorce. So many here are not ready to let go with their spouse, but I found one particular piece incredibly healing.  You can google "prayer for divorce, Marianne Williamson, Illuminata" and find the entire "ceremony". 

The love you gave and the love you received were real and will be with you always.
The rest, let us silently and willingly give to God, that He might heal your hearts and give rest to your souls.
You have suffered enough, in coming to this point.
With this prayer, may your family begin again, having released the past and sought from God Himself a new path forward.

I've been a fan of her writing ever since. 

“Above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely of places.”

January 26, 2017 7:33 am  #4

How beautiful

Go not quietly into that great, good night......Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Board footera