OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 16, 2017 5:00 pm  #1

K

K

Last edited by Judy (February 5, 2017 3:01 am)

January 16, 2017 5:58 pm  #2

Re: K

Saint Judy!!!!

I've missed seeing you post and hoped you were going OK.  You are an inspiration to me. 

Thank you for sharing your painful story.  I hope other women will read this and realize how important it is to seize control of their lives right away rather than living in a bad situation for many years.  I know that doesn't make you feel good about yourself, but perhaps if something good can come from your struggles it is that you can help others avoid what you had to live through.  

You are still precious and valuable and healthy and brilliant.  You have so much more life to live and happiness to enjoy.  I pray that you find it soon. 

I call you Saint Judy for a reason..  if anyone in this world deserves treasures in heaven and blessings for honoring their vows and persevering through hard times it is you.  You may not feel like it based on the last 46 years, but you are blessed.  

Last edited by lostdad (January 16, 2017 6:00 pm)

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

January 17, 2017 7:10 am  #3

Judy wrote:

lostdad,

... On my weak days, what he got away with hits me hard and I sit consumed by sadness and anger. The next day, I manage to rise a bit and recognize at how really good my life is now. Not living with him is just wonderful. I have no probs other than the memories. I hope your new life is calm. We all deserve that. 

Nobody controls our lives anymore. Thank you for the note! Big hug!
Judy

Jude,
Yes your still a saint for sticking by him all those years..     I'm 5 months into my new life and  pretty much am where your at. ..good days and bad days but so much better.   Even coworkers say I look better (because I don't go home to someone cursing and throwing things..to someone that is hurting me).   

You sound like your doing so much better.   Keep going..   each day look back less and less.   If we dwell on it sure we can see how horrible it was of them and how they stole..   I think that is where forgiveness comes in.. I'm not saying I have mountains of forgiveness yet..    But I 'm assuming that's what forgiveness is all about..we've been let out of prison...can we forgive our jailer and try to get on with our lives.. it's all baby steps still. 

I'm thinking of having a party at my house.. you're all invited...   we will have a burning bowl for those crazy false letters..we will have a contest of who found the grossest hidden gay stuff...     

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

January 17, 2017 10:00 am  #4

Judy, 

Can you post or PM this new member..  She could really use some affirmation and support from someone like you who's gone through the abuse you endured. 

http://straightspouse.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=5341#p5341

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

January 17, 2017 8:47 pm  #5

Rob, when and where is the burning bowl??  

“Above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely of places.”

Board footera