OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 8, 2016 3:27 pm  #1

The Old Board

In case anyone is curious the old board is back up and running.

July 11, 2016 3:49 pm  #2

Re: The Old Board

I think Sam plans to delete the old board eventually Clif. This is the new place to be

You have a future. A good one. It begins as a flicker of hope. Nurture it until it becomes a dream and when you are strong enough you will make it a reality. NEVER give up. 

July 13, 2016 4:42 am  #3

yeah.  I am sorry to see the old board go.  i can't find my round this one.  anyway so thanks to you all if I'm not around much any more, it's been such an invaluable help these last three years.

July 13, 2016 9:17 pm  #4

I am inclined to agree with you, Lily.  I will probably check in and read posts from time to time, but I do not think I will be as connected as before.  This new board is just so cumbersome and seems to hid and chop everything up.  I read some posts and then find out there have been many other posts made under the same given topic that I had no idea about - unless I finely comb through everything each time I view the site and click all over the place.  It is missing the natural flow that the other board had, and hence the more personal connection.  I agree with Sam that the two weeks the other board was down was just too long and unacceptable, but this just isn't cutting it for me.  I keep trying, but I don't think it will work nearly as well, if at all, for me.

July 13, 2016 9:49 pm  #5

On the right side of the screen, below the header, you can click on new posts or active topics.
New posts lists them newest first so it's best to jump to the end of the last page and work backwards.
Active topics shows you only the threads with new stuff and there's a click to get to the first post in that thread you haven't read yet.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Daryl (July 13, 2016 9:50 pm)

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

July 14, 2016 5:14 pm  #6

my brain doesn't want to work like that Daryl.  I can't actually follow your sentences let alone the instructions therein.  Uh? I go and read again.

So I know you've been clear and very helpful and I am able to understand but I just want to be able to read down the page with it listed historically.  I don't sort my emails into folders, I just keep it all in a historical pile and find everything easily like that whereas folders?  uhuh, they're like oubliettes to me.

Board footera