OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 23, 2016 10:20 am  #1

Spam

Due to spam abuse, I have disallowed non-registered users from posting. The damage is extensive and will take a while to clean up, please bear with me. If you are worried about an identifiable email address, you can get a free one with any username you like from yahoo, gmail, or the like.

November 23, 2016 6:33 pm  #2

Re: Spam

Thanks Sam - for this and all you do for the forum.

I did what you suggested earlier on, and created an email account just to use for all of this straight spouse stuff.  It was nice though, to just be able to quickly reply to messages that instantly "struck" me sometimes without having to log on, but it is far better to lose that ability than to have to deal with all the spam.

To anyone who is worried about registering, I did go ahead and create a "non identifying" email account for straight spouse matters, and I have had no problems.  I had been worried and was wary of registering, but all has been OK.

Thanks again to you, Sam, and a very Happy Thanksgiving!

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive!" - Sir Walter Scott

November 23, 2016 7:02 pm  #3

Sorry this is a headache for you, Sam.  Thank you for all your time and commitment to this site.

November 23, 2016 9:55 pm  #4

I think everything is cleaned up now. For now I will keep the registration-only restriction. Currently 350 miles from home to spend Thanksgiving with extended family, so I missed the initial encroachment as I had to travel yesterday. Hope everyone in the US has as good a Thanksgiving as possible.

November 24, 2016 4:01 pm  #5

Enjoy your Thanksgiving Sam. Thanks for what you do here.

Board footera