OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 6, 2016 11:38 am  #1

See...it can always be worse

I know one of the things we like to say here is that things can always be worse.  Well, last week I was waiting at a stop light and was hit from behind by an SUV at full speed.  The impact pushed me into a truck.  The driver that hit me was uninsured and had muscle relaxers and other meds in her front seat.  Initially I was a little sore the next day and seemed to feel better the day after that.  Then on Monday I woke up and couldn't move my neck.  I have blurred vision, I can't turn my head, my head is numb and tingling, knee hurts to put pressure on it, bruised all over my upper legs, and my favorite...left boob implant is killing me.  Tomorrow I'll be seeing the doc to find out if I need to have it removed.  And yet NO ONE has recommended an MRI or xray yet.  I have no idea why.

I know this has nothing to do with TGT but it just goes to show you that yes, things can always be worse.  Even when you want to sit there and cry you have to push through the horseshit.  Don't get me wrong, I did some crying.  I cried all through the fireworks show and ruined everyone's night I'm sure

You may not see a lot of me in the coming weeks.  You never realize how much you need your neck to look down (typing, texting, writing, reading).  But I'll be back! &%#$^*&%

July 6, 2016 9:16 pm  #2

Re: See...it can always be worse

SW,

I am SO, SO sorry! I will be praying for your swift recovery! I'm so glad you weren't hurt worse, but hate that you are in pain.

Best wishes for a swift recovery,
Sue

"You want a man who messes up your lipstick, not your mascara."

July 6, 2016 9:59 pm  #3

So sorry, Still Wondering.  I've been rear ended several times, but never as badly as what you have described.  One of the times I got hit badly (totalled my car), I was going to a temp job, because my gay in denia (or "in secret"l former spouse had left (supposedly for a woman, but he moved in with a man), and was not paying any of the bills.  I really needed that job very badly, and needed the car to get there.  Additionally, when I got home that night, my cat died.  I was a real wreck and cried and cried and cried.  My kids had also left - gone off chasing after their dad; moved in with him, not knowing that his "roommate" was more than a friend.  They all left me with a house that needed a lot of repair, and three pets that we had had for years, so were old and on their last legs.  One of the dogs had just died a few months earlier, and then that night, the cat.  I had one dog left - all I had left of years of what I thought was "real" family life.

My point I guess, is that it can be about the gay thing in a certain way, but absolutely as you said, it can always be worse.  I was not badly injured in that accident, in spite of losing my car, the temp job (and then my cat),and it could have been a whole lot worse.  Even though I just sat down and cried most all of that night, I still had my one little dog left and she was such a wonderful comfort, along with knowing that I was at least all in one piece, and that tomorrow would be another day, and life would go on, some of it for the better.

I hope that nothing real serious has happened to you and that you heal very soon.  

To a very speedy recovery!

July 7, 2016 2:14 am  #4

That sounds terrible  Hope you feel & get better soon!

July 7, 2016 6:36 am  #5

SW,
Omg, I am SO sorry, how horrible. Wishing you a speedy recovery and that you find a good attorney to go after the POS that hit you!

July 7, 2016 8:04 am  #6

Prayers for healing from your physical pain.

Prayers for emotional healing also.

You posts gives me perspective today to persevere.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

July 7, 2016 9:31 am  #7

So sorry you are going through this on top of the rest. Yes, it sometimes does get worse. My dad died six months after D day, and my aunt two days later. I began to think the universe was out to get me...it drove me to finally ask for help and start taking ADs.

July 7, 2016 4:49 pm  #8

Thank you all for your kind words.  I posted a reply to this message earlier but I guess I screwed it up because I don't see that it went through. 

It's amazing what we've all been through.  And it's amazing how sometimes "when it rains it pours".  GID spouse while at the same time: family members passing away, pets, wrecks, jobs.  I will get an MRI next week to rule out any permanent damage.  I don't hurt as bad as I did yesterday or the day before and the boob doc gave me the A OK and told me I was just in pain from internal bruising.    Baby steps.  For all of us.

July 8, 2016 4:17 pm  #9

OH SW, wishing you a speedy recovery in every sense of your being!  Get some acupuncture....it can be a real lifesaver with whiplash injuries....

Hugs, 

Leah

Board footera