OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 23, 2016 8:31 am  #1

Wow, who let the trolls out?

Seriously, would anyone like to write an essay? I think I know someone willing to help lolol

November 23, 2016 8:46 am  #2

Re: Wow, who let the trolls out?

yeah, what a mess. 

Sam (admin), if you want help monitoring and deleting spam posts, let me know and I'd be happy to help.  I spend a lot of time on the forum and check in frequently, so it's no problem.  I have been an admin and moderator on a very large automotive forum for years so I have some experience in this area. 

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

November 23, 2016 9:13 am  #3

There is no sign in required to post, so I think it's vulnerable to robot attacks...I think if you're not registered there is a captcha required so they must have figured out a way to bypass it.  It is super annoying I wonder why there is no sign in required?

November 23, 2016 9:16 am  #4

And does anyone else have trouble with private messages?  I try to send one and I get a try again error message.

November 23, 2016 11:03 am  #5

If there's no sign in it's easier for those who are in the initial stages to enter gradually.  It's what I did.  I read posts here first, and only gradually got the courage first to post before I joined as a member.  

November 23, 2016 11:11 am  #6

Outofhiscloset
​True but the trolls have ruined it I'm afraid.  Looks like sign in is required now.  Hopefully this won't scare people off.  They can still read posts they just can't comment or post without sign in.  They'll need to create a fake email account like I did, Vicky is not my real name.
Vicky

November 23, 2016 11:44 am  #7

It's only temporary. 

Spam attacks come in waves.  This essay writing garbage will slow down soon and I'm sure Sam will open things back up to normal like before. 

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

Board footera