OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 1, 2024 2:47 pm  #1

General Update

Hello all - 
I've posted here a couple times in the last few years, but wanted to give an update.  I knew he was gay when we got married, knew my life/marriage would be different, but we were both committed.  Were.  Ha.  Anyway, he had issues that would come and go depending on how regular day-to-day stress was affecting him.  In 10/2022 he either physically cheated on my the first time, or was sloppy enough about it all that I figured it out without needing to investigate the situation myself.  I knew at that point that our marriage was over.  I finally told him this in 03/2023, and he moved out two weeks ago.  I have felt peace, happiness, and hope that I haven't felt in such a long time!!  This whole process (marriage + divorce) has been such a long and lonely road.  I'm looking forward to finding myself again as I have some space and peace in my mind (and house!). 

Good luck to everyone who is in the thick of it, wavering between options and trying to make it work or figuring out how/when to call it quits.  YOU ARE ALL SO STRONG!!!   We have been dealt a rough hand and we will come out the other side seasoned in ways that most will never understand, but we will be all the better for the hard work and growth we are forced through.  One day at a time...

February 1, 2024 4:46 pm  #2

Re: General Update

Hi Baker

In 5 days it'll be a year since I started the separation process and 8 months since I left A. It's been a journey! but one made easier because I am with family.
It's different, it's often lonely... But it was the right choice and everytime I find myself missing the benefits of my old life I remind myself of why I left.

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

February 2, 2024 2:30 pm  #3

I haven't been around here much, but the holidays got a little stressed for me.  I think I'm where Ellexoh is mentally: there's no comparison between life now versus before.  

February 2, 2024 9:15 pm  #4

walkbymyself wrote:

I haven't been around here much, but the holidays got a little stressed for me.  I think I'm where Ellexoh is mentally: there's no comparison between life now versus before.  

You've got that right Walk!
As much as it's different and difficult I can see it as a challenge. But if only one part of my new life is impacted negatively the whole lot goes "off the rails" and I begin to doubt myself and question....well, everything. At the moment it's my sons reactions to my thoughts on transgender people and it made me think today "in 4 days time it'll be a year since I filed"....and so much has happened yet I still feel like I'm standing still

E

KIA KAHA                       

Board footera