OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 27, 2016 11:42 pm  #1

Rob! I've got a date

Friday for breakfast. I hope I'm not so nervous I act like a total nimrod. Scary, but exciting!!!

"You want a man who messes up your lipstick, not your mascara."

June 28, 2016 7:17 am  #2

Re: Rob! I've got a date

So jealous..

Seriously good for you.  I would probably not talk about TGT but at the same time it would be great to get to know the other person...our past, I feel, is not something to be erased (like my lezex is trying to do)
Not experienced here though..when I talk to the other moms at my kids practice we almost invariably talk about the kids.. so if your date has kids I find that a good way to get to know the other person. Also I find I can talk about my family no problem.   I was amazed how much I could talk about that did not include my now crazy lezex. 

Its good to see... I try to think that God is our vindicator and perhaps there are good people in our future.  Really hard to see from where I am though. 

Sincere best wishes and prayers for you.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

June 28, 2016 10:47 am  #3

Good for you!!!

You know what I found?  I found that if I was nervous that it was totally OK to say that out loud.  The guys were nervous too!  And it sort of broke the ice. 

June 28, 2016 4:52 pm  #4

The good thing is we've been emailing and texting for a month (no clue how/why that went on so long) ... So he knows about TGT and I know a lot about him.

Trying to keep my heart safe, but still have a life. After all the shit I've been through, I deserve some hope. But I do feel as vulnerable as a newborn baby.

And Rob, I am so sorry I made you sad. You'll ask one of those women out when you're ready. Or maybe they'll ask you. For me, this has all been online, which gives you a little safety net when you think you might be ready, but aren't sure and are feeling vulnerable.

June 28, 2016 5:15 pm  #5

I try to sound upbeat and cheer people up but truth be told I have good days and bad days..  My lezex just wont leave...she supposed to be gone  this weekend I hope.    Coupled with a busy week at work its wearing on me...I just want to scream "get the hell out ..take your gay sex toys and leave...dont come back..dont come near me ever again".          Sorry ..screaming it a her will get me nowhere...

No,  nothing on the forum here makes me sad..  only my current life ..  Every step had been always just a few more week..a few more weeks..  its been going on for over a year.       Thanks for listening and have a damn good date for all us.   You/we of all people deserve it.

June 28, 2016 7:57 pm  #6

Rob - you have come a long way in the past year. You can hang in there. Just keep thinking "Indomitable Spirit" https://stacigrove.com/martial-arts-musings/tenets-of-taekwondo/indomitable-spirit/

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

June 29, 2016 12:58 am  #7

I'm praying you'll post soon she's moved out. Has she given any indication of when?

June 30, 2016 6:32 pm  #8

Hey sue.. she was supposed to move out in July but it's not looking good..her new place does not look done.  Short of calling the police or going to court I have no humane way to get her to leave.  It wouldn't be so bad if she were nice.  I would like to heal and get on with my life...

July 1, 2016 2:45 pm  #9

How did it go Sue.. tell me there are good people like yourself out there.

July 1, 2016 7:59 pm  #10

It went really well. :-) I so wish there was a way you could get a date out of her. Would going back to your lawyer help? Or is that too much to even think about? I know people will say change the locks, but I also know you have kids and they can't see you being inhumane toward their mother, even if she's completely overstepping her bounds. But I worry about the psychological abuse. It's not good for you and the kids probably are smart enough to sense the tension.

Board footera