OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 23, 2016 7:50 pm  #1

No peaceful night sleep

I'm dealing with enough in real life. I have been having some difficulty falling asleep. And now I've been having horrible dreams of my husband having his lil gay affairs & him rubbing it all in my face, it seems so real & disturbing. I wake up with tears & being angry. Wish I could just have a peaceful night sleep. These dreams are becoming more frequent. I hate them. Unfortunately it's not really a dream right because I wake up & I still have a gay husband that doesn't want me. Anyone else experience dreams like this or what to do to help alleviate them?

June 23, 2016 8:42 pm  #2

Re: No peaceful night sleep

When my husband left me I had to go on meds for sleep due to constant waking, which id never had before in my life. It took some adjusting, but they work.

"You want a man who messes up your lipstick, not your mascara."

June 23, 2016 9:34 pm  #3

Sue - do you mind sharing what you're taking?  Very recently I have started waking up at around 2, 4, and 5 a.m.  It's driving me crazy.  I used to occasionally have a little trouble falling asleep and I'd take 1/2 of an ambien.  but in this case, that does nothing but let me sleep until 2 and I start the same pattern. 

June 24, 2016 11:35 am  #4

Seroquel

"You want a man who messes up your lipstick, not your mascara."

August 15, 2016 3:18 am  #5

I had terrible nightmares about my ex and his affairs for months. Sadly, most of the dreams were actually just replays of what happened in real life.  I would tell my ex about them, and one day he was finally like "do you ever have happy dreams about me or at least not nightmares." I truthfully answered no.  I think it's just the trauma we've experienced. So flipping sad.

Board footera