OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 2, 2016 3:11 pm  #1

Hello Lurkers

Sometimes it's nice to say hello to the people who lurk but never post.

Sometimes they accidentally say hello back.

If you're a lurker and would like to introduce yourself or just confess to your lurking ways do it here

You have a future. A good one. It begins as a flicker of hope. Nurture it until it becomes a dream and when you are strong enough you will make it a reality. NEVER give up. 

November 2, 2016 3:20 pm  #2

Re: Hello Lurkers

Haha, love it.  I was a lurker because I didn't feel like I could post here but it has become more welcoming here lately. 
Vicky​

November 2, 2016 4:31 pm  #3

Thanks, Steve.  I lurked for quite awhile before I ever posted.  That might have even been a more helpful time than since eventually making some posts.  The lurking time really got me over the biggest hump of true realization and gave me the knowledge that I was not crazy nor alone.  Lifesaving.

November 2, 2016 4:48 pm  #4

Like Lake Breezer, I lurked, too, I found that what I read when I first found this site was enormously important, because I kept seeing my own situation mirrored in the posts--even when they weren't about my exact situation.  It was a big step to move from "unregistered" to "registered," because it signified that I was accepting a reality I would have in some ways preferred not to acknowledge.  And when I did post, it was a huge step out of his closet...which is why I took the name I did.

November 2, 2016 6:40 pm  #5

I think it's quite normal to lurk for a little bit. It doesn't surprise me if some need to work up the strength and find out what kind of reception they might receive before announcing themselves. As "Outof" says, sometimes it's a personal recognition that you have a reason to be here. So to the lurkers - If anything you read helps, wonderful, and if you need to talk, go for it.

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

November 2, 2016 7:33 pm  #6

I don't recall lurking long before posting  (to the old email list).   I needed help.  I'm still around now to help if I can, but also to help me realize I'm not crazy...it really happened.  

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

November 4, 2016 2:13 pm  #7

In the beginning I was not a lurker.
Nowadays I lurk. But I respond if I feel the need!

'Be well' I say to all my fellow str8's

(LOL. It calls me 'New member'! Ha)

Last edited by Clif (November 4, 2016 2:14 pm)

November 4, 2016 2:17 pm  #8

Hello Clif my old friend.

You're no lurker. You're more like part of the furniture. A very quiet piece of furniture.

Analogy doesn't quite work does it?

Good to see you mate.

You have a future. A good one. It begins as a flicker of hope. Nurture it until it becomes a dream and when you are strong enough you will make it a reality. NEVER give up. 

November 4, 2016 2:23 pm  #9

Hello back Steve,
 Just had my fifth anniversary with straight wife and things are good.
With the passing of the 6th year since gay wife left it seems very in the rearview mirror.
I do come here at least once a week to check on every one and check on the newbies.
I don't usually respond to them when they first arrive. I feel they have hope they can salvage things and make them work. Maybe a very few can but I don't want to be the one to dash their hopes.

I hope everyone here is well come coming out clean on the other side.

Again, good day to you mate!

November 4, 2016 2:29 pm  #10

I'm glad things are good and you are happy. I'm also glad you keep an eye on us. I know you'd jump in if you needed to.

I think people would be surprised at the cloud of 'elders' who keep a weather eye on this forum ;)

Board footera