OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 22, 2016 12:01 am  #1

It's like my eyes are open for the first time

Something happened this evening, wondering if I'm over thinking this. After my son's game this evening, I went back to the STBX's place to pick up my daughter (she had offered to watch her as it's raining and cold). On my way there, I dreaded it on arrival. HER car was parked out front. That means she's there and I do not want to see the home wrecker's face but I wasn't about to play this weird game of staying outside waiting for my daughter. 

STBX answered the door and let us in. I may be over analyzing things but I noticed something. SHE was no where to be found. This means she was upstairs and probably stayed up there because I arrived. We stayed for at least 15 minutes talking with the kids; there were discussions about leaving shoes at school etc. but SHE was up there silent the whole time. Not a single peep. It occurred to me that this woman is probably still being made to feel like she needs to live a secret in her own GF's home to keep her away from me. It also occurred to me that this is how guilty people live. Someone with a clear conscience isn't going to do that, certainly not someone in a healthy relationship. 

It reminded me of this "triangulation" term I learned here. My STBX seems to have her in a state where she gets to be part of her life but not public enough so as to make it clear to everyone what the story was. I was probably somewhere in this little web myself without knowing it. I'm feeling that nice warm evil satisfaction. At one time, she had something of a victory over me, she was "stealing my wife" and I was powerless to stop it. Now, she's got the grand prize. She's dating a cheater and needs to live in secret to avoid shame. Meanwhile my GF and I are all over Facebook with pictures of us on dates and tagging each other for fun.

I may just be desperate for a last laugh but I think I had one today?

October 22, 2016 12:39 am  #2

Re: It's like my eyes are open for the first time

That is very sweet, no doubt about it! Any satisfaction you got is well deserved

Board footera