OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 21, 2016 12:50 pm  #1

Our sexuality vs fertility

Nobody's sexuality should be defined in terms of being able to bear children. Looking back, it's clear that my sexuality was mostly for that - for the function of bearing children. I guess we're called "breeders". It's so degrading, but his sexual interests towards me ran parallel to the years I was having children. Then the "get away from me" words and mentality became the norm towards my sexual advances that were based on normal heterosexual desires and my love towards him. He mostly wanted me for our kids but not for me and for who I was and will always be, a woman.

October 21, 2016 2:10 pm  #2

Re: Our sexuality vs fertility

Hi Jill, This must have been very hurtful and must have made you feel used. I'm so sorry you're going through this.

October 21, 2016 7:24 pm  #3

Re: Our sexuality vs fertility

Billie,

No, it's not just you "with rage a lot of the time". I have a boat load of it. The only thing that keeps it controlled is my age, high blood pressure and the fact that I have three little dogs that need me. One is 13.5 years old and travels off my moods. I love him so much I'm trying to keep calm for his sake. With what they've been through for years with him here and the open battles, this quiet loving house and me is a welcome relief unless I rage on....

Judy

Last edited by Judy (October 21, 2016 7:25 pm)

Board footera