OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 10, 2016 11:49 pm  #1

Whew ... I was having withdrawal!

Kel, Doug, Rob, Mary, Surviving, Lake Breeze, Anna, Gail, Patti, lp, Lucy, Susan, Still Wondering, and all the rest, come back and lets get this board moving! I missed you all. I didn't realize how much I rely on this forum to keep me upright and taking baby steps along this unbelievable journey! 

June 11, 2016 2:04 am  #2

Re: Whew ... I was having withdrawal!

Hi Sue. I'm Steve. Recently I looked at the forum and there was another 'Steve' posting so... I might not be the current Steve. I might be 'Old Steve'.

In any case I used to post a lot to the forum. Im sure all the current regulars will find this new forum eventually. Hold tight. In the mean time there's a few of us 'old timers' around

You have a future. A good one. It begins as a flicker of hope. Nurture it until it becomes a dream and when you are strong enough you will make it a reality. NEVER give up. 

June 11, 2016 1:29 pm  #3

Formerly D, but had to make the user name longer, lol. Thank goodness! I also didn't realize how much I've missed the support!

June 11, 2016 3:18 pm  #4

Yes... Even if you don't post regularly it's nice to know the forum is there as a place to share your thoughts, vent your spleen when you need to and find people who 'get it'.

Nice to meet you Dee.

I'm an old hand at this Straight Spouse thing. My ex-wife came out in 2003. A LOT of water has flowed under the bridge in 13 years.  It's a journey that's for sure. Horrible at times. Life changing too... but hopefully for the better

You have a future. A good one. It begins as a flicker of hope. Nurture it until it becomes a dream and when you are strong enough you will make it a reality. NEVER give up. 

June 11, 2016 4:43 pm  #5

Hi Sue, Steve and Dee!  Glad to see that you've found the new forum.  Hopefully all the regular posters will find us soon and new ones needing support wilk too.

So glad to ave this place to come to!

June 11, 2016 6:49 pm  #6

Hi Sue, Steve and Dee,
I came out with my wife when we first started being in a relationship, some how that supposedly may have caused her trauma, but we are still together, and we both feel our alliance to the LGBT community and fondness for each other has grown and blossomed in the last twenty five years to make for what is truly a happy marriage.

Sincerely,

Robben

June 12, 2016 8:30 pm  #7

How/where do you register? Not seeing it on my mobile.

June 13, 2016 6:01 pm  #8

Oh my God. I missed you guys so much. Thank you for being here again.

June 14, 2016 11:42 am  #9

Hey..i found the place..    As others find it we should probably give them some reassurances for being offline so for so long;

- You did nothing wrong
- You are worthy and lovable
- There is nothing you can do to make your spouse gay
- You are not crazy or imagining it.
- Be kind and compassionate to yourself
- Take small steps each day for yourself

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

June 14, 2016 7:36 pm  #10

I am happy to have found this forum again. All of you have been so helpful while I was going through my Husband's TGT. Hope the others find us.

Board footera