OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 10, 2019 1:56 pm  #1

SS Podcast - Season 2 - Episode 9 - Safe Sex in 2019

Hey gang, has anyone listed to the latest SS Podcast?

For many of us who were in marriage or committed relationships for a long time, when you are ready to get back out there any find a new partner you will likely find the world to be a very different place than it was last time you were dating.  This episode is a vital education on being safe if you chose to engage in physical intimacy. 

http://ssnvoices.libsyn.com/s2-ep-9-getting-your-freak-on-safely-an-sti-primer-for-grown-ups-with-dr-david-malebranche

=14pxGet schooled in all things related to sexually transmitted infections with Dr. David Malebranche, an expert in HIV and STI prevention and treatment, and associate professor of medicine at Morehouse School of Medicine in Atlanta. Many straight spouses (and adults in general) find themselves dating again at mid-life, post-divorce. Navigating the new landscape of sexual health, risk and safety has changed dramatically in the decades since many of us had sex education, if we even got it. Back then, condom use was usually demonstrated by a gym teacher using a tube sock and a banana! It’s a different world today, and Dr. Malebranche walks us through the need-to-know basics of prevention, testing and treatment for the biggies: HIV/AIDS, Syphilis, Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, HPV, and HSV (Herpes). Tune in, learn, and stay safe our there!

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

June 10, 2019 2:45 pm  #2

Re: SS Podcast - Season 2 - Episode 9 - Safe Sex in 2019

As with every Podcast I've listened to....this was educational, but in my case not very relevant. 

If (when) the partnership with the man I've been with for over half my life ends.....I'm not going to 
trust any man with my body ever again

KIA KAHA                       

Board footera