OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 17, 2019 9:54 am  #1

He's back at it!

Hi everyone! I know I don't come on here often. I think it's a mistake to put this whole situation in the back of my mind. But, he's been back to searching out strange sex with men. I thought he was off this hook-up site but sadly I was wrong. Here is what his profile says (along with a few pictures of his junk)..I've also left out the F-word just incase. 
IS THIS ANY WAY FOR A 'BI' MAN TO ACT!!!!!!??? I have a feeling he has been hooking up again but I don't have that proof anymore as I have not been snooping lately (my big mistake). I don't know why I didn't deal with this shit in the beginning. Now it's going to be even harder to start over at nearly 59. WTF is wrong with me!!!!!
(This is under his profile)
Love getting ******/fist by verbal dom top.Swallow
Bi-guy looking for one on one and groups. Provide oral to everyone and maybe more depending on the situation and the guys of course. Email me and lets talk. Daytime during the weekdays only. Poppers make me swallow and deepthroat. 
I am also into being fisted So hot and makes me so horny just thinking about it.

“And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain, when you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.” ~ Haruki Murakami ~

March 17, 2019 10:33 am  #2

Re: He's back at it!

Roo, of course you are upset.  This is pretty awful.

Your question is, is this any way for a BI man to act?

This is the wrong question of course.  However, the answer to the question you asked is “maybe.”  Only he decides how to label himself officially, even if the label seems wrong or an outright self delusion, even if the label goes against our reality.  Also, what does BI mean? Does it reflect a lifetime of sexual experiences? it his way of reconciling that he is married to a woman but really wants men for sex?  Is BI about sexual preference, and monogamy another preference—meaning, is this a man who may be able to do it with both genders, but will never be satisfied with one partner no matter who it is?  BI is a big old rabbit hole that I also have been trying to find clarity about. BI means whatever the person wants it  to mean. It is about them and not about you. So I would say:

You are totally asking the wrong question, here.  It does not matter if he is bi or gay or alien or plant animal mineral:  ultimately, is he treating you the way you are worth?

No.  He is not.  You are worth more than that.  He is treating you like you do not matter.  He is using you.  He tells you he is bi, and sure maybe he is, in some way, based on his life experiences, or his self interested wording.  But by telling you that, he is always leaving  the door open to discarding you, and then can tell you it was not really cheating “because I couldn’t help it  and you knew about it dearie.”  Just by placing  the ad, he is discarding you.

Roo:  Do you have an open relationship?  Do you WANT an open relationship?  Does this man treat you like you  matter?  Does he treat you with love?

If it bothers you enough to post here, then that is a good sign this is not what you want.  Of course he is going behind your back.  He can tell you this is just an ad.  Just a fantasy. But the ad is behind your back.  And even if this ad does not mean he actually has hooked up again, what does that matter?  He wants to hook up.  He is fantasizing about hooking up.  He is fantasizing about orgies and talking dirty about lots and lots of men.  None of them are you.  He is sneaky and you are having to play the policeman.  What is the line that is ok for him to cross?

He is treating you horribly.  He strings you along and cares nothing for your feelings. He is always “looking for the other.”  He is not looking toward you.

Do you want that?  How does it feel when we learn our spouses do not truly love us? They might say I love you, sometimes, but they are not treating us with love.

What are you worth?
No spouse deserves to be treated with this kind of disrespect, and the bigger disrespect is when he tells you: it is not a big deal and he loves you and you are over reacting and this is just who he is, blah blah blah.

I think it  is Abby on this forum who says she finally decided to tell herself, “It does not matter what he is, he is not for me.”

I am sure my words are stern in tone—and they are stern because I need to hear them said toward me.  Some of the details of your experience are different than mine, but the similarities here really hit me.

Everyone deserves to be treated with kindness.  Those who pledge to love us should be the kindest of all.  When they say they love us as a way to just be totally selfish, that is destructive. It is disorienting. It is using you and caring nothing for how you feel, for you as a person.  It  is all about him. His sexual fantasies are more important to him than you being able to live in a place of emotional safety and knowing what your life is.  So what if this is his sexual orientation?  He is proving to you—again—that you do not matter to him.

Last edited by OnMyOwnTwoFeet (March 17, 2019 10:47 am)

March 17, 2019 11:46 am  #3

OMOTF, I struggle most days with this even though I've put it on the back burner for the time being. I don't know why though I'm letting this continue. When I first found out he was seeing a man on a regular basis I was ready to leave then. Of course he made his promises. As screwed up as this sounds, I made him introduce me to this man. It turns out .. he was a very nice guy. But that relationship was cut off. 
I knew/know more about what he was doing than he knows. He still doesn't know I know where he goes every chance he gets. He doesn't know I know he has all these profiles on these hook-up sites. 
He has never been the best husband...but I am comparing him to other husbands out there that on the outside seem to be perfect. I never got that from him. But I could go on forever about that. I don't think that really matters anymore. He just broke his 'promise' when all this came out. He wanted to move forward away from what happened and focus on us. That maybe lasted 6 months. 

“And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain, when you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.” ~ Haruki Murakami ~

March 17, 2019 1:35 pm  #4

Roo wrote:

Hi everyone! I know I don't come on here often. I think it's a mistake to put this whole situation in the back of my mind.........

Just remember Roo.....you're walking your path, not mine or anyone else'. You will get to a better place. 

The disconnect we have with the men we can't seem to make a final break from is, I have to believe, making us stronger not weaker.

KIA KAHA                       

March 17, 2019 11:53 pm  #5

Roo,

There is nothing wrong with you.  We love and we love fiercely.  But sadly they do not.

Yeah I knew everything my GX was doing..I knew too much.   It would make me shake.
What struck me about her lies and sneaking around; she was not very good at it.  She thought I was so stupid..really showed her opinion of me..such a low opinion of me.

You are hurting Roo because it is abuse..if you ask him where he was or what he was doing and you get the lies..that is a form of abuse.
Your mind (and body if you shake like I did) are telling you he is hurting you.

I have to give you the advice my family gave me;  stop looking/snooping...i couldnt stop myself for quite sometime..it was really just me traumatizing myself over and over. You know what you will find..just more crap and hurt.

You know what he is doing. You know he's not going to stop. Start planning and gathering strength.. Don't bother confronting him..its clear he will not help you..discretely and quietly detach and gather a support system. 

Kindest ehugs.

Last edited by Rob (March 17, 2019 11:59 pm)

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

March 18, 2019 7:11 am  #6

Good Lord Roo, that profile makes me want to wretch. I’m so sorry you are feeling stuck but quite honestly I don’t know how you can stay. He’s gross. And clearly also into drugs.

March 18, 2019 7:47 am  #7

Roo
"bi-guy" in that ad is code for "married."  And what he describes wanting spells unsafe sex and disease. If you haven't been tested lately get to the doctor and then pick your self esteem up off the floor and start planning an exit, even if your first move is talking to a therapist about why you find it difficult to leave.

Last edited by OutofHisCloset (March 18, 2019 7:47 am)

March 18, 2019 10:05 am  #8

Roo can you write out the top 3 things that are making you stay? Maybe we can help you deconstruct your fears. Not a single person here who left this kind of situation can say they don’t feel a million times better. Your fears for the future are massively confounded by this mindfuckery.

March 18, 2019 5:01 pm  #9

Duped ~
I am afraid to be alone. My sister and her family are 1200 miles away. I'm turning 60 next year. How do I start over?
Financially I don't think I can make, although his 401k is quite substantial. He's an idiot not to realize what he can lose. 
I am afraid no one will want me ... not that I want ANYONE after this. 

March 18, 2019 5:43 pm  #10

OMG Roo, copy, print and save everything you can and get to a lawyer ASAP! It doesn't matter if it's a no- fault State or not, that MF is putting your health at risk! The mental abuse is an additional factor. You WILL survive this financially and be so much better off once you have that freak out of your life! You will not be alone because there will be so many people reaching out to you when you open yourself up to others about what's going on. TRUST ME! We all care for you and have your best interests at heart. 
You know how to reach out and have the info you need. 

Life is like phases of the moon.... We really only see it when it's beautiful, full and in our face. 

Board footera