OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 3, 2016 12:41 pm  #1

Moving forwards - for the newbies

Yes, you can get past TGT even after a long term marriage of 20-30+ years. You can find happiness and heal. You can even find real love with a straight who desires...and craves the body parts of the sex you are! I took it an hour at a time, a day at a time, or a month at a time as I recovered. Recovery isn't even fully over for me yet, but life is so enjoyable for the most part, especially apart from TGT! There is no explanation that will heal ypu, but acceptance is like a cure from this malignant cancer that overtook over our lives. Once you are free, grab your second chance and keep moving straight ahead!

September 3, 2016 2:10 pm  #2

Re: Moving forwards - for the newbies

Jenn,

Thanks.  This is my first Labor day weekend divorced and free of my raging cruel gay ex.

I'm visiting family and trying to keep my mind off of TGT.
I'm happy to be free of her but if I don't keep busy and keep moving forward it's so easy to let the loneliness come crashing down on me. Easy to think what could have been. I have to remember that it's better to be alone than lied to, cheated on and screamed at.

A bit adrift but alive.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

September 11, 2016 5:44 am  #3

Living an authentic life is essential to my being happy. The suspicions swirled around me and sucked all the air out of my life. It made me physically ill and so sad- lonely for 46 years. Sometimes a real answer while so hurtful to us,  is a welcome relief compared to not knowing. It's hard to grasp him not wanting me had nothing to do with me. 

Last edited by Judy (September 11, 2016 5:45 am)

September 11, 2016 7:00 am  #4

I'm a better this weekend.

While my house  is empty when I don't have the kid it's starting to feel safe again.  So nice to come home to no new evil things.

Worked on home projects, helped my dad out..
Could I even feel...happy?  Now there is strange sensation.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

Board footera