OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 7, 2018 9:10 am  #1

I still dont know after seperation 7 months ago!

Myself and my wife Seperated 7 months ago when she asked me to leave... We had been married 8 months bought a house 12 months earlier tried for and concieved a child who died during first trimester only 4 months before the split in may this year.

I am so confused 7 months on.. Have lost contact with her.. Lost everything in the process and she had it all.

I acted off at first thinking was another guy.
But her friend who she couldnt pull herself away from even after me working  a long week away still spent the day with her... even though we only had the weekend and she had her to herself all week.

Since the split she has not had new boyfriend and social media confirms this but.. constantly pics of her with her bestie all summer..

She said things like im confused before we split.. and last time we had sex she said later she cried which she had never done before..

I asked outright 2-3 months back and she said nothiong and nor did her possible lover..

But she did call the police and get me warned and now i cannot contact her....

I cant move on til i know.. its like im in limbo.. I wish thwere had of been another man..or was one now.. Im hurting so much.. Was suicidal for a time..

But not anymore.. I just cant think straight or find another as its screwed me up...

Its not fair of her to not tell me?  if she is? All the signs are there.. But her family will just do whatever she wants and tell her she is being so liberating and strong..

I need help

December 7, 2018 10:30 am  #2

Re: I still dont know after seperation 7 months ago!

I am sorry for you suffering. You said that your wife cried the last time you were intimate.My wife said that the last 5 or 6 times we were intimate that she cried afterwards. It feels like a gut punch, how could physical expression of your love cause them pain? It is the last thing you would want to happen. Based on theirsumilar reaction and my wife telling me she thinks she is gay, I hope this helps you in figuring out this difficult situation. I am only beginning this process and it really does suck. Hang in there, the uncertainty is the worst part. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Zoso (December 7, 2018 10:30 am)

December 7, 2018 10:42 am  #3

Thank you for your response. I keep asking people close to her to just tell me yes or no.. its all i want to know and i can move on now.. Yes it will hurt that i finally know why but the unknown suffering is the worst.. The fact she said she was confused the first time we split up 2 weeks before the final split and the night after she said she cried after sex makes it all more real...
The day after that she split up with me i begged and got her to agree to continue the next 2 weeks she saw her friend lots more whilst i was away and just was not the same that mid weekend the week before we split she said even though i hadnt seen her all week she had to help her friend be a few hours.. i hadnt seen her all week... she was gone the whole day..
I kept getting it wrong... was it a guy.. so kept arguing about male collegues.. and i was wrong ... she said ater 4 months that she hadnt still been with any guy and there are no pointers to being true... she was not a sleeping around sort and dont think she still is?

Just want to know the real reason but im getting blanks from everyone.

I feel like just ending it all as my life just has fallen to pieces... and no one can understand what i am going through.

Thanks

December 7, 2018 10:47 am  #4

Hi even, 

I'm so sorry you are hurting right now.  

I understand the burning need to know the truth.  Unfortunately, the best advice I can give you is the opposite of what you desire.   You should try to move on without needing that truth.  So many of us never get an admission from our ex.  But we can't let that define us.  

Someday maybe you will get proof, but don't get stuck in limbo waiting for it.  That isn't fair to you.  Look toward your own future.  

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

December 7, 2018 11:02 am  #5

I guess some people are just assholes then...

I couldnt not tell my ex something thsat big if they asked and said it was tearing them apart...

But hey im not an asshole so....

Thanks

December 7, 2018 11:11 am  #6

Yes.. To withhold that truth from you is cruel. 

What I've learned from my own ex-wife and so many other stories here is that LGBT people who are in denial or hiding don't care about what is best for you.  They spend a lifetime trying to hide their sexuality.  They don't want to be "different".  Being LGBT in our society today is not easy.  Families and religion and other personal factors cause them to fear how they will be treated when they come out.   Many of them won't even admit to themselves they are gay.  I know that sounds crazy.. but it's true.  

Your ex might be a lesbian.  But she might not have accepted that about herself.  She might not be willing to admit that to the world.  She might be scared of how she will be treated.  For these reasons she probably doesn't want to come out to anyone.  Plus, she is probably feeling guilty about what she did to you - strung you into a marriage when she knew she was attracted to women.  So I'm sure you are one of the last people she wants to talk to about this. 

I'm sorry!   I'm sure my comments don't really make you feel better.   But this is what I've learned from experience and I hope that it will help you understand what to expect and not expect going forward. 

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

December 7, 2018 11:22 am  #7

Thanks.

I understand that but to destroy someones life and not tell them why is selfish and she made no qualms standing in front of me july last year and tying the knot or trying for a baby october last year.. or having one and losing one.. even buying a camper to go camping a month before..

i dont care if LGBT whatever thionk they have a hard time... its nothing in comparison to what they put others through with there heartless self interest.. its bullshit!! plain and simple..

If it was a straight person who done this they would be a total asshole.. but its fine if they are unsure...

No it isnt!! 

PERIOD!!!

Why marry try for children buy a house together.. within 1 year of break up..

Herr supposed gay friend groomed her plain and simple.. after she lost the baby and i went to work away from my home for us... and all the time she was being groomed by this lesbian....

Should be a bloody law against it!!

Disgusting

my two cents!

December 8, 2018 8:11 pm  #8

Hi,

I don't quite know how to put this but you could walk in and find them in bed together and she will still act like she had every right to marry you and keep her same sex attraction hidden.

Don't be too hard on the lesbian girlfriend who has taken her on, it is easy to be mad at her but the more you can see and acknowledge the reality of your wife the more you can process your own feelings.  

wishing you all the best, Lily

December 8, 2018 9:07 pm  #9

Hi eventhori3on,
I am very sorry you find yourself in this situation.
However, I am sure LGBTwhatevers have a much easier time than even 30 years ago. AJ sensed before he married me that he may be gay, sought help from 2 Christian ministers, both told him, "Get married and with faith you will be okay."  In 1982, his employer would not have promoted a single man to an executive position. So, we marry and the only time he wants to be intimate with me is when I am "fertile" and there is a good chance of getting pregnant.
At the time, I had no idea, in fact he didn't tell me until 2000, after we had 2 children. It has taken me 18 years to recognize the man was using me to hide at a time it wasn't safe to be homo or bisexual.  During our "marriage" I set aside my career aspirations and since he left, I have been struggling to acquire viable employment that will support me above the recognized poverty level. 
Oh, and our now adult children told me that their father is living with a man in another country.
Eventhori3on, I agree there should be a law against deliberately misrepresenting oneself. Unfortunately, we are "collateral damage" as the LGBTQ "community" establishes itself as viable in our society.
What has been helping me is the Straight Spouse Network.  Reading about the experiences of others who have found themselves in similar situations has helped me realize I am not alone. For too many years, I was convinced I was alone. Certainly none of my acquaintances (I hesitate to call them "friends") provided any support. In fact, I felt ashamed, because AJ told me to "not tell anybody because it could affect his career, which in turn, could affect his ability to financially provide for our children."  I have never been able to lie and hate keeping secrets for liars....
I have been learning it is imperative to be true to myself.  And I have been learning it is acceptable to feel angry, something which I was taught since childhood was unChristian. But even Jesus felt anger when people misrepresented themselves. Jesus felt angry at the Pharisees because they claimed to be righteous, while they practiced avarice, greed, jealousy, ...
Feeling angry is okay: yes, she used you. And yes, there should be a law.....

December 8, 2018 10:26 pm  #10

Even,
  I am worried that you may be working yourself up to act out in a way that will prove detrimental to you.   Even though this may feel that what you wife and her lover did is unsupportable, even unbearable, and you are understandably gutted by the loss of your child, please do not resort to violence--except here, with words.

Board footera