OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 3, 2018 10:23 am  #1

It's Finally Over

It's been a while since I posted here, the last time a few months ago. I'm happy to report that my relationship has ended with my CD/Trans boyfriend because he died early in October due to auto-erotic asphyxiation while on the road. He was of course, in full femme wear and even had an 'object' inserted in his rectum at the time of his death. (but it wasn't a fetish!!)

It's funny that I always knew his mental illness and fetishes would eventually be the downfall of our relationship and that his lies were taking their toll on us, but I never expected this. For months before his death, he kept threatening to leave and sometimes even to hurt me because I would not get on board with his fantasies and fetishes. 

So since his death, I have been working through my grief, but I have been angrier than anything. Angry and sad. Part of me wants to miss him, but there were just so many lies, heaps of sneaking around and abuse I'm having a hard time remembering him in a good way. When I finally got all the things from his truck, it was a hell of a discovery. He must have had over 20 pairs of pantyhose with him, some of them with the crotch cut out. I had to laugh because according to him, it wasn't a fetish and he didn't get turned on by the clothes. He had also been lying to me that he wasn't cross-dressing on the road for most of that time.  Ha ha! He was such an autogynephile and mentally ill it was sad.

It's finally over and I can breathe again.  Yay!

Last edited by Nomorelies (November 3, 2018 10:53 am)

November 3, 2018 12:24 pm  #2

Re: It's Finally Over

I would be lying if I said I've never wondered (and worried about) my stbx dying of a heart attack while dressed up and enjoying himself. 
 Sorry it ended the way it did.  

November 3, 2018 2:36 pm  #3

Well that’s a dramatic ending, his choices.

I think not finding much good to remember about him is a good thing and likely accurate. Don’t feel bad for that.

You sound justifiably relieved. How it ended was not your doing or your fault. I hope you find peace and a much brighter future. Keep your boundaries from here on.

November 4, 2018 5:51 am  #4

I’m so sorry it ended that way. I don’t think they care for the risk at the time when they are so horny over the things they do. I feel like I’m a parent explaining dangers at times. I do hope your able to find peace and your own happiness. It must of been a shock and hard for you to go through all of that. I couldn’t imagine it.
I hope you still chat on here when you need support.

November 4, 2018 9:16 am  #5

Thank you for all the support.
Yes, I am relieved in some ways and still processing it all. I'm writing a book for spouses of men like him so they know they are not alone and that this kind of behavior is not okay in a relationship and it's okay to leave. It's hurtful and narcissistic and honestly, these men need help. Maybe with enough stories, people will wake up and realize that it's not okay to call a man a woman or a woman a man just because they 'feel' like it and get their rocks off wearing women's clothes. 

November 4, 2018 9:18 am  #6

Omg I was just thinking this true life story should be a book or movie. Wow. What a crazy way for it to end. I hope you find your peace.

November 4, 2018 12:42 pm  #7

"these men need help" ?.....no they don't. 

When a man or woman....has lied his/her arse off, and destroyed the lives of their husbands/wives/partners/children 
....they don't deserve help.....their families do

KIA KAHA                       

November 5, 2018 8:07 am  #8

I honestly don't know what to say. I myself have thought I would be happier if my STBXGH were dead. After 27 years of marriage, I am the one who feels dead ... purely a shell of a human. I do know that if/when he does die, I will mourn deeply for him. Such a conflict of emotions at all times no matter where we are in this journey. 

Always ... remember to take care of yourself first! It is only then that you can assist/help others.
Sending bright light, hugs, love and prayers.

Board footera