OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 15, 2018 3:36 pm  #1

1000 members!

We just reached 1000 members.  This is a bittersweet milestone. 

All at once I'm both happy and sad.  I'm sad there are so many of us out there that need to be here, but I know this just scratches the surface of the overall total of straight spouses.  I'm happy that so many people find our forum and that we have this opportunity to help each other.   

Of course not all of these people are still active and post here.  Many signed up and never posted a single message.  Thousands of others visit this site regularly and don't ever feel the need or have the courage to sign up. 

I delete at least 5 spam accounts each week - most from Russia or Eastern Europe or with email addresses like "canadianpharmacty-info.com" etc..   ugh..  Wish they would leave us alone. 

Anyway..  just thought I'd mark the milestone.  I'm so happy and impressed with our community and all the compassion and help we share with each other.  While I wish there were no others out there who needed this help, I know it's not true.  There are thousands..  hundreds of thousands or more.  I hope they find help. 

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

October 15, 2018 7:53 pm  #2

Re: 1000 members!

Yes, indeed. I wish this site had no reason to exist. That being said, I am grateful it does exist. That's for all the forum moderation work!

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

Board footera