OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 12, 2018 12:50 pm  #1

Healthy Relationships - Shifting the Focus

deleted.

Last edited by JenS (January 4, 2019 8:26 am)

July 12, 2018 2:03 pm  #2

Re: Healthy Relationships - Shifting the Focus

Dear JenS,
Your post is amazing, it totally resonated with my inner being and was just what I needed to read. When I am in my b-strong moments. I know that what you said, and the link you sent, are the truth. At times I lose touch with B-strong and fall into "analysis and cyber-sleuthing", despite the fact that I know in my heart, it isn't the way out of the box.
I totally agree that this forum needs to be about making ourselves stronger. The fact is that the only way to do that is to 'remove ourselves from unhealthy situations that cannot be made healthy."
All I can say to you is a big heart-felt thank you and 'go girl!'
Keep up with the strength and positivity - let us all cultivate it together and move forward hand in hand to a better place!

July 12, 2018 2:04 pm  #3

Re: Healthy Relationships - Shifting the Focus

The section ."Statements That May be Helpful for “Normal” Couples, But are Destructive in Abusive/Narcissistic Relationships"  was a good read. Though it didn't tell me anything I hadn't heard before..it reaffirmed what I already knew. 
I've book-marked it

KIA KAHA                       

Board footera