OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 17, 2018 9:24 am  #1

Day 18

Wow, I can't believe it has already been 18 days!  Today, and I did a little yesterday, I am putting his shit into garbage bags and stuffing them in his closet (haha, no pun intended).  Someone said I shouldn't do it out of anger or with mean feelings but honestly I think I deserve to have mean feelings and anger AS I do it.  The reality is I am staying in the home, paying all the bills (he is unemployed) and I don't feel like looking at his shit all the time.  I realize, of course, at some point he will get to come and pick up/pick out things he wants, but that doesn't mean I don't get to put together things I don't want or things that belong to him, right?  
Today is father's day and that sucks for me, I mean, of course the 3 girls that I raised to be good and honorable will be spending the day with him.  So I guess this is just the first of many holidays and events that I will spend alone~fucker!  Coward!  Liar!  FRAUD!
Ok, well, I wish the other dad's out there a very Happy Father's Day!  And I thank everyone for all the support I feel here.

June 17, 2018 12:16 pm  #2

Re: Day 18

Deleted.

Last edited by Lynne (October 3, 2020 7:04 pm)

June 17, 2018 4:26 pm  #3

How do you stop the sadness?  It hurts so much...My 2 oldest girls came home fm spending time with stbx, but my youngest stayed with him...they went to pick out furniture for her new room at his place.  I feel so betrayed, by him but also by my girls.  I KNOW that he is their father and they will always love him, it just hurts.  In the middle of talking to the older girls I just started crying.  I apologized to them as I know it is no fun to see your mom cry, but I also told them it just happens sometimes, they crying.  I want the hurt to stop.  

June 17, 2018 5:45 pm  #4

it's no fun to see your mom cry but it is better to share her emotions than be shielded from them - can I suggest keep talking openly with them.  imo, knowing the truth and as much of it as they want is only going to help them.

all the best, I know it hurts and could not be more sympathetic, keep remembering it will ease with time.  I have just had a refresher of how much I hurt over my ex, he still does everything he can to hurt me and managed to affect me again.  Horrible.  I am much eased with time and suddenly found myself thinking this is good, this is good to feel the hurt again, I have a clear picture now of how he influences people against me and how much it hurts and I'm just not blaming myself any more and that is so good.

Board footera