OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 12, 2018 5:39 pm  #1

How much more can I take?

As if things in my life already suck at the moment, I just lost a friend/business aquaintance to cancer yesterday! She was in remission but had been feeling bad and wasn't sleeping. Went for a PET scan on Thursday and they found the cancer came back, this time with a vengeance. It was found in her lymph nodes, liver and possibly in her brain. She was to go for low dose chemo yesterday but passed away instead. I'm incredibly sad. She was only 44 and the sweetest person. Her and her husband had that beautiful relationship that anyone would envy. This is the 5th person I know in the past 3 years that have left due to cancer, I lost one to suicide and I nearly lost my brother in law last year and my 22 year old cat died last year. I don't know if I can take much more of this shit show that I am living! 
Meanwhile my GIDH .... (fill in the blanks, I am sure he is doing it!).
I'm so fucking over it! 

Last edited by Roo (June 12, 2018 5:39 pm)

“And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain, when you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.” ~ Haruki Murakami ~

June 12, 2018 6:56 pm  #2

Re: How much more can I take?

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend, Roo.  

Board footera