OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 15, 2016 1:39 pm  #1

How does this new crap work?

I consider myself pretty computer literate but this new site is super confusing.  What happened to the way we could see all of the day's posts in the order they were received and not grouped into categories? 

June 15, 2016 2:00 pm  #2

Re: How does this new crap work?

Dont know..not many posts yet... I see on the bottom they have :Show recent: posts, active topicsShow unanswered topicsShow your subscriptions

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

June 15, 2016 2:35 pm  #3

ok - I think I got it.  Takes some getting used to.

Thanks Sam (admin) for taking on this task!!  That's such crap that the hosting company would just disappear without a trace!

June 15, 2016 3:06 pm  #4

I sent several emails to Voy and they kept blaming some "upstream" provider..   But really what provider leaves their customers off the air for 2 weeks.   

This is good Sam... much better to use than the old one and all we need...a place to talk.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

June 15, 2016 3:12 pm  #5

Thanks Rob, SW,

I've been nervous about VOY for a while, but reluctant to move because the format would be different, and quite frankly, people don't like change (especially us, we have/had enough change to deal with thank you). Hopefully everyone will find this now that there is a notice on the SSN website and get used to the new format.

Last edited by Sam (Admin) (June 15, 2016 3:14 pm)

June 15, 2016 4:00 pm  #6

Yes - it took some playing around for a good while but once I got used to it and went through enough posts to see how it's operating....it's actually pretty useful!

June 15, 2016 9:15 pm  #7

The desktop format is much easier to use than the mobile. You can toggle to desktop while on your mobile, as well.

"You want a man who messes up your lipstick, not your mascara."

June 15, 2016 9:34 pm  #8

Ok, Sue, can you help me figure out how to toggle to desktop or can it be done on a Kindle Fire?  It's all I have to use besides my iPhone, which is way too small for me to read much on!  Haha!

Thanks!

June 19, 2016 4:36 pm  #9

There are three black bars at the top left of the mobile view. Tap on them and you should see where you can switch to desktop view.

"You want a man who messes up your lipstick, not your mascara."

Board footera