OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 10, 2018 10:01 am  #1

No More UTI's since TGT

I had a question. When I was with my GID H, I always got severe UTIs. The doc would put me on antibiotics, and they'd clear up. We didn't have sex terribly often, but I always got those bladder and kidney infection when we did. I've never had them in my life until the last couple years with him. Anyone else have them with their gay husbands? Could they in fact be sexually related? Could they also have been an STD? Thanks, and blessings and joy to all.

June 10, 2018 10:49 am  #2

Re: No More UTI's since TGT

yes, I got them when I started having sex with my GIDEX.  I was told it was 'honeymoon disease'  but I had had sex before and not got them til the GID.  so probably from him.  I was given antibiotic after antibiotic until my mother found a book - Understanding Cystitis by Angela Kilmarton.  It was a godsend.  It explains how to cure an infection without drugs - it is simply a matter of making your bladder alkaline.  You flush it out with drinking a lot and take bicarb to alkalise.  

oh yuck.  One more reason to dislike him, as if I didn't have enough already!

Board footera