OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 20, 2018 11:14 am  #1

A simple quote I came across

deleted

Last edited by JenS (December 30, 2018 3:36 pm)

May 20, 2018 11:29 am  #2

Re: A simple quote I came across

"If you can't be serious how can you have fun?"

May 20, 2018 4:30 pm  #3

"My fairy tale ended when my fairy left."  Abby, on the thread for the royal wedding/fairy tale relationships.  I've been having a tough few days and that made me laugh.

May 20, 2018 4:46 pm  #4

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Eleanor Roosevelt

May 20, 2018 6:41 pm  #5

On a more serious note, a epigram that helped me in my new life was "Jesus - a man you can trust".
I had moved away from the denomination I was raised in and was turned off to churches in general because all they seemed to want to talk about was sex, i.e. their views on gays which they were sure were God's too. Post-separation I found that the teachings of Jesus provided the healing and guidance I needed. .  

Try Gardening. It'll keep you grounded.

May 21, 2018 2:40 pm  #6

I liked and saved this one in the early days...

You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It won’t happen automatically. You will have to rise up and say ‘I don’t care how hard this is, I don’t care how disappointed I am, I’m not going to let this get the best of me. I’m moving in with my life’

Oh and...

Don’t let the emotional aftershocks of regret to take you down and rob you of your destiny. Remember you’ve already survived the earthquake.

Last edited by Duped (May 21, 2018 2:48 pm)

May 21, 2018 2:53 pm  #7

For those of us recovering from the trauma of TGT:

Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back, everything is different - C.S. Lewis

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

May 21, 2018 3:24 pm  #8

and because I love C.S. Lewis:

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream"

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

May 21, 2018 4:46 pm  #9

Good idea Phoenix as I just wrote out the following and put them on my wall....

“Self-pity is our worst enemy and if we yield to it, we can never do anything wise in this world” Helen Keller

“Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage”. Anais Nin

“Be miserable or motivate yourself.  Whatever has to be done is your choice”. Wayne Dyer

Tough week for me as GIDX married....so I put these up....helps a bit...

Last edited by Leah (May 21, 2018 4:47 pm)

May 22, 2018 8:22 am  #10

Leah wrote:

Good idea Phoenix as I just wrote out the following and put them on my wall....

“Self-pity is our worst enemy and if we yield to it, we can never do anything wise in this world” Helen Keller

“Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage”. Anais Nin

“Be miserable or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done is your choice”. Wayne Dyer

Tough week for me as GIDX married....so I put these up....helps a bit...

JenS's idea..  credit to her.  Agreed, this was well timed. 

Board footera