OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 18, 2018 10:44 am  #1

Would any agree that this feels like a sex offense?

My situation was discovered not disclosed and my soon to be ex is still very much in denial. I just found out over the weekend that he's trolling the dating sites for my replacement. It makes my blood boil to think of him screwing with someone elses head and emotions like he did with mine and the ones before me. I feel like he should have to register as SOMETHING ... I don't know. he's been caught and I feel sexually offended. What keeps him from doing this OVER and OVER?

May 18, 2018 11:58 am  #2

Re: Would any agree that this feels like a sex offense?

Sadly, nothing really stops this from repeating. Concealing your sexuality isn't necessarily a crime although I would say it's certainly unethical. You are now seeing the true person behind the mask. I wish you strength and perseverance as you move forward.

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

May 18, 2018 12:44 pm  #3

Yeah I suppose you're right. I felt the need to tie on my cape and fight for justice. I'll focus on myself and keep the thoughts of what could happen to someone else out of my mind since there's really nothing I can do about it. Thanks for putting it in perspective I woke up wound up

May 18, 2018 6:32 pm  #4

That's a good question. I suppose I should own the fact that it hurts to know that, despite how "desperately sorry he feels for hurting me", it's only taken 2 months to feel ready to move on. It just further solidifies the difference in the commitment to our relationship between the two of us. But really I should be glad because he's given me room to breath this week, the constant phone contact was smothering ...and a crutch I needed to kick. How are you today?

Board footera