OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 7, 2018 5:21 pm  #1

1 year later and still taking it day by day

I'm so glad I found this place - I felt so alone. I just need to vent a little bit - and would love some insight because I can't see clearly.  

Almost a year ago I found pictures and emails confirming what I thought all along, and did ask him directly. My husband was bisexual/questioning/gay and cheated on me twice physically as well as hundreds of emails over many years. He became a blathering buffoon after swearing he wants to stay with me. I gave him my ultimatum, get medically checked out, go into therapy, move, change his traveling options for his job and by the way - monogamy isn't an option anymore. He did all of it. He even "fixed" according to the therapist his issues about how much our relationship sucked before and how little I was asking from him. The problem is, he's done everything I have asked and more - but I'm still not happy. I'm still hurt and distrustful for it. I know I'm not crazy, yet. Now we're a year later. I love the new city, our place, but there are days when I look at him and wonder if he truly wants me.

He says he regrets all of it and wants a new future for us together moving forward. I think he regrets getting caught. Maybe instead of focusing so much on him I should do something for myself. Or maybe cut him loose since I'm barely in my 30s.   

March 7, 2018 6:36 pm  #2

Re: 1 year later and still taking it day by day

Can you clarify what you meant when you said 
"oh and by the way-monogamy isn't an option anymore"

KIA KAHA                       

March 7, 2018 6:39 pm  #3

Deleted.

Last edited by Lynne (October 3, 2020 6:51 pm)

March 7, 2018 7:32 pm  #4

Shattered trust is a difficult thing to repair. I think constant work is part of any intimate relationship but there should be a payoff to it that makes everyone equally happy. Only you can decide what that is but it's understandable why you might be hesitant to take a leap of faith. Maybe try to channel your 'gut feeling'?

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

Board footera