OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 21, 2018 6:26 pm  #1

Best day in a year!

Not sure why, but yesterday was my best day in a year.  1 year since she really started to hang out with the 0/10.   Not sure if she is in the picture anymore. 

A combo of no beer for a bit, hitting the gym and hiking.  Realizing it isn't my fault and there is nothing I could have done.  Realizing I must be a strong person.   Still going to be a roller coaster.  Simple as that. And I also haven't seen or heard her for a couple of weeks.  Realizing the woman I married is gone.  Long gone.  Felt great to have that horrific feeling out of my body for a day!!!!!!

February 21, 2018 7:43 pm  #2

Re: Best day in a year!

Glad to hear. All these tiny steps eventually amount to a journey. Keep on truckin'

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

February 21, 2018 8:01 pm  #3

Deleted.

Last edited by Lynne (October 3, 2020 6:43 pm)

February 21, 2018 10:07 pm  #4

excellent!

February 21, 2018 10:36 pm  #5

I love it..  wish we could see more posts like this.   Thanks for sharing Count. 

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

February 21, 2018 11:19 pm  #6

Awesome - so happy for you, Count!

You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep other people warm.

February 22, 2018 9:56 am  #7

Support and advice.  Knowledge is power.  Some great people in my life including the great people on here.  Been an awful year, and a bad 4 months since disclosure.   I have a great family and some great friends.  Home life is challenging with my son, and we need winter to end to get him out more.  She is going to take $450 a month from me even with the kids split 50/50.  Not seeing her has helped so so much.  I will not let her ruin me even though I am a shattered man.  And yes,  I was tricked and used.  Simple as that.  My daughter perhaps the love of my life ( dads with daughters will understand).   Such a sweetheart.  My son and I have a great time fishing and biking.  He will me a good man one day.  Life has to go on.  I know this will take a long time to recover from.  Just turned 40 and moved and so on.   For a person like me who does better without change I am doing well.  She said I look like the Count so I must have something going on!!!!!  Funny!

Board footera