OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 14, 2018 10:39 am  #1

Happy Valentines day to the SSN ladies

I know most of you won't think of today as anything close to "Happy", but I want to send you my best wishes anyway. 

Thank you all for being here for me and for each other.  Your compassion and kindness and genuine care is a blessing.  You helped me survive the worst time in my life by sharing that compassion and I will always be grateful to you all. 

Instead of feeling down about today not being as special as it once was..  let's try to find a way to make it special by loving ourselves.  

What are you going to do to love yourself today?

I'm on a diet, but I'm going to cheat and get some of those silly valentine heart candies with the messages written on them.  I love those things!

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

February 14, 2018 11:27 am  #2

Re: Happy Valentines day to the SSN ladies

Thank you Phoenix!

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive!" - Sir Walter Scott

February 14, 2018 11:36 am  #3

Thank you Phoenix.  I am not sure why I am feeling sad today,it is not as if the last 25 years of Valentines Day were anything special. My friend and her husband are taking me out for lunch and a movie. These two have been through this with me and for me. I love these people. Hoping everyone makes it through this day. 💖

February 14, 2018 12:06 pm  #4

Thank you Phoenix! 
Valentines ((HUGS)) to everyone!

“And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain, when you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.” ~ Haruki Murakami ~

February 14, 2018 2:20 pm  #5

Thanks Phoenix.  

all the best to you too.

February 14, 2018 3:37 pm  #6

Thanks, Phoenix!
Happy Valentine's to you, too.
SSN has been a godsend.

I took my class some of those little candy hearts with messages today .

February 14, 2018 10:41 pm  #7

Deleted.

Last edited by Lynne (October 3, 2020 6:45 pm)

February 15, 2018 11:55 am  #8

JK - Thanks for that.  A work colleague and I were wondering just a couple of days ago if kids still did that.  Thought there might be some PC reason they can't.  We used to decorate white lunch bags and the teacher would tape them all along the chalk shelf under the blackboard, and then of course we would put the chosen valentines for our fellow students in their bags.  We also just about always had a party with a red and white cake and some sort of red juice of kool-aide.  So long ago now!

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive!" - Sir Walter Scott

February 15, 2018 12:27 pm  #9

My 3rd grader took a box to school.  He said the only "rule" with valentines and candy was that they were supposed to give the same thing to everyone so that everyone felt included as much as the rest.  

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

February 15, 2018 12:35 pm  #10

Thank you Phoenix, belated happy Valentines to you and everyone here too :-)

Board footera