OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 8, 2016 2:49 pm  #1

Welcome to the new Forum!

Welcome to the Straight Spouse Network Open Forum!

This site is very much under construction now, please bear with us.

My apologies for the demise of the VoyForums board. The provider apparently disappeared. It is my sincere hope that this Forum will be eventially take its place. Thank you for your patience

June 9, 2016 8:12 pm  #2

Re: Welcome to the new Forum!

Thanks, Sam for starting this new forum.  I hope all the others find it soon.  I think I am having withdrawals, haha.  Seriously though, I am missing the support.

June 10, 2016 4:11 pm  #3

Hi Sam... Steve here from Australia. You know?  'Old Steve'.

I'll spread the word via Facebook.  Cheers Mate.

June 10, 2016 4:39 pm  #4

Thanks, Steve, good to hear from you again. Hope all well.

June 12, 2016 4:24 am  #5

Sam:

It's a shame if all the past posts from the old forum are lost - or are you able to restore them?  In any case, this looks to be more modern and more organized with more options, so cheers for that.  Good luck, I know it's not easy to switch technologies all of a sudden, when it wasn't planned.

Maybe on the home page, though, there could be an announcement or explanation of what happened and how to find the new forum?  I too was starting to have withdrawals, and it took a little digging around to find this. I'm sure there must be many others wondering what happened and how to find this.  I really do like what I see so far.

BryonM

June 12, 2016 9:02 am  #6

Byron,

I'm trying to get them to put a notice up on the SSN home page, they did fix most of the links.

I had no notice of the old forum going dark so I was unable to save anything.

June 12, 2016 10:50 am  #7

Found it.... 
Not surprised to hear that voy evaporated without warning, while trying to figure out what happened I found many dissatisfied users complaining about zero support or responses to problems, etc.

This looks like a better message board app so maybe now we can get stickies and other good stuff like that.
Some of the old users had cut and pastes of great posts so maybe we will get some of that retrieved.

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

June 12, 2016 12:06 pm  #8

Hi Sam (Admin),  the new Open Forum looks fantastic.  Always thankful for your guidance and presence and so glad you decided to continue on!

June 14, 2016 11:35 am  #9

Hey..yeah Voy kept saying they were having "upstream" problems but it must be something else because no provider keeps their customers off the air for 2 weeks.   

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

June 21, 2016 5:26 am  #10

HI! Am new and so happy to have found a online support group for the partners Im hoping to connect and read about those who are still together ..during transitioning and after..how man-years ..how was it like. My husband is in transition, i have been noticing he is quite like a rebellious teenager sometimes. We love and are loyal to each other. Im hopeful to read advise on how to stay level headed during this time..as i am argueing with him so often.

Board footera